Monday, August 9, 2010

MegaPost of doom!!

So since the last time I updated (like really updated not just those last two whatevertheyare) was a couple days before coming back to Hel... I mean home. But since then I have been up to quite a bit so I'm going to try and tell you all those things in one post instead of about 5 different ones like they should be.
Here goes.
Also, I should mention that these are not in the chronological order. Just the order they pop into my mind.

1. My favourite comic drawer, Humon, Who does that Scandinavia and the World comics (I'm pretty sure I mentioned those in some post.) finally made one with Estonia in it.

And yes I just /had/ to post the comic instead of just linking you to it. Get over it :D
Authors note underneath it says

"Oh how often I have been asked by Estonians, “Where is Estonia? We’re a Nordic country too!” Problem is, the other Nordics doesn’t think so. :XD: I asked around what the stereotypes for the Baltic countries were, and the overall answer was, “Very depressed people who wear grey and live in grey houses”"
~humoncomics.com

I personally find the whole comic pretty fitting, don't you?
Anyway it was nice finally seeing Estonia there.

2. I made a new blog. The reason for it and stuff is described there so to save room, I'm not going to go into that right now. Read for yourself.

3. I have THREE new flags on my flagcounter.
Welcome, Great Britain
Welcome, New Zealand
Velkommen, Danmark

4. Before coming... /home/ Kaja, Ken and I went to a little cute village just to walk around, drink a cup of coffee and so on. I wish I could remember the name of the village but I can't.

It was a little village right at the edge of water, with piers and stuff. It would be quite awesome seeing all those boats and stuff there if I didn't live where I do but still.

There was a thunderstorm nearby so that explains the dark clouds.
And guess what we found there?
Tiny estonian flag, yay!
After watching the lightning and listening to the thunder, drinking some coffee (something I did /a lot/ over there) and getting almost soaked in the rain we drove back to the village Kaja lives in and went to the nearby SPA for a walk and lunch.

There was lots of stuff like this (not all of it was made of steel, thankfully) next to the trail. Apparently it's "art". I mean, seriously...
Climbing it was exhausting in that wet heat but the view... Amazing.
The food was great, too.
More pictures about that particular day and lots of others here. There are also pictures of when Kaida and Kaja were home and stuff like that.

5. Kaja and I finished a puzzle.

1000 pieces, took us bit less than a week and upper half was a painnn.
But the picture is great and all that. Was a great pasttime for when we were bored in the afternoon or when Kaja was at work and I had to amuse myself.

6. The maritime daysssss.
Yesss. was awesome. I mean the concerts aren't really that good, it's hot and stuff but... God I love the maritime days. I can't even explain why.
Spent those two days with Kati who has gone redhead on us. (I'd post a picture but youknow. I'd probably die a slow and painful death) She claims it was an accident.
Yeahright.
Anyway. GUESS WHAT? I HAVE PICTUHRSS!

Kuressaare in the summertime... I can never get enough. Amazing~ ♥♥

This was the wooden ships exhibition (exhibition my ass). COLOURFUL SIGNAL FLAGGIES, YAY! I wish I had a better picture but youknow, I'm sort of a fool when it comes to things like that.
Mum and I watched the sunset and listened to Jazz (quite involountarily, mind you) coming from across the bight (that the word, I'm looking for?)
Again, ignore the world that's dangerously tilting to the left. The world was rotating too fast, it got away from me.

The main tent and some badass clouds. Why is everything so empty you might ask?
Cause mom and I were sitting in the closed area, where they didnt let people in until the concert started. we were VIP, bitches.
Yeah I'm just cool like that. /gloat
That was day one.
Day two there was the optimists regatta (what about the pessimists? Aren't they allowed to compete?), the Jaan Tätte concert, where we didn't go, but apparently most people did because when we arrived back at the maritimes area, the place was basically deserted and all the roads were full of parked cars, the parking lots were overflowing and the city itself empty. Was awesome.
So we waited a bit, listened to the "kihnupoisid" concert and then finally the celebrations culminated with a viking-style boat burning.
In the good old days the only way to respectfully retire a boat was to burn it so they dragged some old boat that had been rotting away somewhere, onto the grassy area near the water and burned it. There was chanting and stuff which you will hear for yourself when I finally get the videos up but until then looky at the pictures.

Was really awesome. Moar pictures? Here.

And that's about it I think. Look at the pictures and soon I'll upload the videos about the thunderstorm we had at the beginning of this week and the boat burning videos.
Until then!

--Kelly

I must down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
~John Masefield, Sea-Fever

2 comments:

  1. Mkay, I'll ignore the rest of your post and just focus on the comic, okay? xD

    Basically, yeah, it's fitting -.- As much as it annoys me to admit it, it IS fitting. But that stereotype about Estonians being all depressed and grey is pretty bull if you ask me. I've got a light yellow house and lots of bright clothes to prove it :D Also, I've always considered us so much better than Latvia and Lithuania xD

    Actually, the only redeeming part for me is seeing how Finland is portrayed. That I can call even :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a gray brick house. And I wear mostly black/Gray/white...
    heh...

    Also the comics are made from the viewpoint of the scandinavians. Mainly Denmark as that's where the auther is from. it's fun to see how they see other countries.

    && Also the stereotype for finns is a "masculine drunk mute with a knife" XD if it makes you feel any better XXD

    ReplyDelete