Saturday, August 25, 2012

It's Not a Fashion Statement, It's a Fucking Eagle.

My Chemical Romance got butchered this time. I'm so, so sorry.

At the Moment, I Have Nothing Against Eagles, But Wait Till I Finish My Cross-Stitching Project..

When my parents had also made it to Finland (with their botanical garden in the car boot), we got to play real tourists.
Our first trip was to Kotka, more specifically to the Meretaarium, which sort of displayed all the fishies that swim around the local waters.

Those things were sort of just... standing there Not moving. At all. My mom thought that they weren't real but unfortunately they were. Creepy as fuck, too...

Also, if you ever go there yourself, use the lift while switching between floors. Otherwise you are going to meet this guy in the staircase. And if he isn't just the most horrific thing you have seen.


Now... Let's play a little game I like to call "Find the fishy"

Also repeat after me: "Fish are friends, not food. Even if they look like this:"

Anyhow. When it comes to puistod (Or "parks" in the language of you, mere mortals), Kotka gets the award for "Most awesome and most mostest." Seriously. There were like 9 of them all sprinkled over the tiny island. The first one we happened onto, was right next to the meretaarium and it contained in it a waterfall.

Well... I never said it was a big one... No actually, I'm just screwing with you, it looked like this:

Man, there are about a million pictures I'd like to show you of those parks because they truly were absolutely gorgeous. But in the interest of sparing your computers (and fingers from having to scroll down all the time) I will try to pace myself and just remind you that you know where to find the rest of the pictures yourself.

Of course, I can't go without the mandatory Weird Picture of Kels aaaand here it is

I'm fucking awesome, petting iron seals and shit...

After that puisto, I managed to yell a city-map machine into submission and in doing that I acquired a map (Actually I didn't yell, the whole process was entirely civil.) We then proceeded to the Maritime Center or whatever the fuck it was. Basically it was a GINORMOUS (And I don't use that word lightly) museum about Everything Even Remotely To Do With The Sea.
It took as a long time and a lot of skimming but we managed to see it all... (I now have major knowledge about the ship St. Michael that sunk near Finnish coast.)

I'll refrain from commenting the next pictures, I'll let that be YOUR job...

I drew the line at trying on corsets. Which is exactly what my dad is about to suggest on the background.
(Yes, I was allowed to try those on, we didn't just bust an exhibit and go crazy all over it...)

By the way, guess who I found?

Our very own Jäälõhkuja Tarmo!!

Unfortunately we couldn't see it from the inside, it was closed for some reason. But no big deal! Have a sculpture of eagles instead (We were, after all, in Kotka)

Also as a quick funsection at the end of this post, these were the sleeping arrangements back in my sisters house:

The blanket is obviously the dog's and the crumpled sheet is where I was oh-so-graciously allowed to sleep. Fun times, kind of miss it.

-Kels

2 comments:

  1. You know, I loved that song in my teenage years. No idea why :D

    Andandand I found the fishy! I think! 'twas a search, though :D

    Aaaaandandandand dem hats are fab B)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love that song although I think my modification to the title is better than the original. yes.

    Yeah, we had to search the entire tank to find the fishy :D

    I know right, I wish I could always wear the top hat. It was just so perfect.

    ReplyDelete