Saturday, October 11, 2014

Blogging is frikkin hard

There is something ridiculously amusing about my continuing attempts at getting back to blogging. That aside, let me give you a short recount of what has been going on since my last post 15th of August, 2013

  • I started 12th grade
  • I took my exams
  • I successfully graduated from Saaremaa Ühisgümnaasium
  • I got into Tartu University and now am officially a student of pharmacy
At the moment though, I am sitting in my sisters cottage, in Saaremaa, looking at my nephew driving around on his extremely annoying princess car and thinking that it is true what they say, indeed: time moves at a different pace here. 


Even with the rush of Saaremaa rally upon us, i still feel like I have been here for a long and relaxing stay even though I only arrived yesterday. 
Aside from the melancholy evening feelings, I guess it should be mentioned that I live in Tartu now, I'm officially a big city girl and I can't say I'm overly fond of it. The bus traffic and unpredictable weather still bother me much more than I'd like to admit and living so far from Triine & Joel is stressful. Being all the way on the other side of the country from my family doubly so. 
School is scary and I often feel a sort of disconnection from others on my year. I guess more time to adjust is the only remedy here and, indeed, the only thing I can do.

Writing this while the ending of Madagascar 3 is blaring from the TV (dadadadadada circus dadadadadada afro circus afro circus afro polka dot polka dot polka dot afro) is a bit, well to overuse a word, disconnected.

Rene, said nephew, is now a year and 5 months old and an absolute little menace. There is nothing sadder than the thought that now I'm going to see him even less than before, but alas, time can't be bought and during school time I have precious little of it to spare.

I'm honestly at a loss of words, blogging comes extremely hard after such a long time and perhaps this is it for now.

So long, cowboys
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment